Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Benefits of Readings & Resources
Readings & Resources is a tool in Canvas that organizes your course materials and tracks and encourages student engagement.
- Organize all readings and resources in one place
- Add library resources and course reserves directly from inside your Canvas course
- Monitor student engagement with analytics
- Add instructor notes and discussion boards for individual readings
- Share your reading lists across other courses and instructors
- Maintain copyright compliance
Enable Readings & Resources
- Go to Settings in Canvas
- Choose the Navigation menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. Grab Readings & Resources. Drag and Drop it in the navigation menu.
Create a Reading List
Go to Readings & Resources and Create a new reading list.
Give the list a title then click on the Create button.
Pick a template.
Contact Library Staff
If you have any questions or concerns, let us know by adding a comment to the Contact Library Staff.
Need More Help?
Librarians are available to help you add resources to your list and use student engagement features.