Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is ORCID?
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is a unique and persistent identifier for researchers.
It is the standard researcher identification system. All major scholarly publishers support ORCID iDs, and many publishers and funders require them.
- Your ORCID iD is yours throughout your career, through changes in your workplace, your funders, or your name.
- It automatically connects your profile and your professional activities when you submit manuscripts or grants to publishers and funders.
What Are the Benefits of an ORCID iD?
- Ensures your research activities and affiliations are correctly attributed to you.
- Reduces form-filling (enter data once, re-use it often).
- Improves discoverability of you and your research.
Integrations with Other Tools
Once you set up your ORCID account, you should connect it to your other identification tools. This will help keep your profiles current.
Connect to Digital Measures
ORCID integration only appears in the Manage Data field if you have entered your ORCID credentials to complete the connection.
- Login to Digital Measures.
- Select Activities to update.
- Import publications.
- Select the ORCID option and enter your ORCID credentials.
Once authentication is verified, it will appear in the Manage Data view.
Connect to ResearcherID
- Login to your ORCID profile.
- Scroll down to the "Works" section, mouse over the "Add works" option, and click on the "Search & link" option.
- Click on the "ResearcherID" link.
- Click on the "Authorize" button to authorize the connection between your ORCID profile and your ResearcherID.
- Login to your ResearcherID account.
- Click on the "Go" button to the right of "Send ResearcherID publications to my ORCID account".
- A list of citations associated with your ResearcherID account will display; select those citations you want to send to your ORCID profile and click the "Send" button.
- This action will redirect you to ORCID where you will need "authorize" the action.
- Go to your ORCID account to verify the connection between your ORCID iD and your ResearcherID.
Registration & Logging in