Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Ready to Publish
Finding Places to Publish
Why is it important to know about the many avenues for publication?
- Discover the broader landscape of journals that exist, beyond the ones that your professor or colleagues have told you about
- Find more journal options to submit your research results to
- Don't fall victim to predatory publishers; learn how to evaluate journals
Factors to think about
Where have similar articles been published?
- Finding such articles
- Search your library's system for your topic and look at the journals in which such articles have been published
- Search a database for articles on similar subject; look at the journals
- Search the list of journals your library subscribes to by subject, to come up with journals that publish in that area
Where can I find a journal with high impact?
You can use the Journal Citation Reports (JCR) below to see how a journal is ranked, and how it compares with others in the field
Find Journals Using SMU Resources