Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Our most comprehensive education database spans all levels of education and includes specialties such as multilingual education, health education and testing.
An online library of education research and information, sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the U.S. Department of Education.
Professional Development Collection
A highly specialized collection of education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles and reports.
Teacher Reference Center
Provides indexing and abstracting for the most popular teacher and administrator trade journals.
SocINDEX with Full Text
Offers coverage of educational topics from a sociological view, including demography, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, social development, national and international trends in education.
Contains materials on psychological aspects of education such as memory, motivation, neuroscience, disability, and learning theory.
Dissertations & Theses
Examine recent PhD dissertations for cutting-edge research ideas and extensive bibliographies.
Web of Science
Do a cited article search by clicking the "Times Cited" link.
Do a cited article search by clicking the "Cited By" link.
The Handbook of Scholarly Writing & Publishing by
Call Number: PN146 .H36 2011
Publication Date: 2011
Discusses the components of different types of manuscripts, explains the submission process, and offers suggestions for working with editors and coauthors, and rewriting and resubmitting work.
Dissertation Solutions by
Publication Date: 2012
Provides graduate students with the basic tools and skills to help them navigate planning, researching, and writing a dissertation.
Completing a Professional Practice Dissertation by
Publication Date: 2010
Addresses both the tasks and procedures that professional practice dissertations have in common with dissertations in 'research' doctoral programs, as well as the tasks and issues that are more common in professional practice doctoral programs.
Finding Peer-Reviewed Research in Education
- Start with a broad keyword search in the databases at the left and use the limiters (usually along the left side) to narrow and focus your results.
- Read the abstracts of several articles and save those that might be of interest.
- Use those first few to glean additional keywords and subject terms to re-run your search.
- Collect more than you are planning to use and evaluate and examine their references.
- Discard the less useful articles and repeat this process.
- Browse the Thesaurus (top bar in EBSCO screen) for additional keyword options.
- Watch for journals that specialize in your topic and browse those journals.
- Note the names of authors working in your area of interest and search them by name.
- To expand your research, do a citation search for articles that cite your articles.
To cross-search the databases (search more than one at a time), select "Choose databases" on the EBSCO screen next to the database name and select additional databases from the list. This will dramatically enlarge your search results.