Skip to Main Content

Licensing and Permission: Film

Film Screenings

Any copyrighted films screened outside of an official course classroom require public performance rights, even if you do not charge admission. You can get public performance rights through a licensing service.

Licensing for Commercial Films

Other Film Licensing

For other titles, you can look up the original distributor and then check to see who currently manages the performance rights for that distributor.