Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
When conducting research in Christian Heritage, there are several kinds of information you may need:
- Background information on the historical figures and time periods
- Primary texts in different versions and translations
- Scholarly research on historical topics and figures found in peer-reviewed journal articles, essay collections, and monographs
Church History Timeline
This is an interactive timeline that may be helpful to visualize the time period that interests you.
Selecting a Topic
Before diving into research, it is important to choose a specific topic that interests you.
- Browse through reference works to identify interesting people, places, and ideas.
- Did a specific person from the syllabus seem interesting?
- Do you often return to questions about a specific doctrine?
- You will want to have a good idea of the historical context.
Examples Sources for Browsing