Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access SciFindern / PatentPak
- Comprehensive database for chemical literature, indexing articles, patent records, and chemical substances and reactions.
- Core research tool for chemistry, biochemistry, engineering and other sciences.
- Includes relevance-ranked results, step-by-step procedures and protocols, citation mapping, biosequence searching, retrosynthetic analysis, patent landscape mapping, touch-screen enabled structure drawing and more.
Log in using your unique username and password. If you have any issues accessing this database, please clear the cookies/cache from your browser and reattempt.
First Time Users:
SciFindern is restricted to SMU students, faculty, and staff and requires a one-time registration and creation of a unique username/password. If you had a SciFinder account at another institution, you will need to re-register with a new username.
- Access the SciFinder registration page. You will have to authenticate with your SMU username and password to proceed to the registration form.
- Review the instructions for creating the unique username/password, then click the registration link at the end of the form.
You must register with your SMU email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email (check your spam folder). Click the link in the email message to complete the registration.
Additional SciFinder Help Resources
Need More Help?
, Computer Science
, Data Science
, Engineering - Civil & Environmental
, Engineering - Electrical
, Engineering - Management, Information & Systems
, Engineering - Mechanical
, Environmental Science
, Game Development
, Health Sciences
, Statistical Science