Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discovery and Networking
- Collaborative Spaces: Find many places to study inside of the SMU Libraries
- Graduate Student Lounge: Meet with your friends, make a cup of coffee, or store your items in a locker in the dedicated lounge for graduate students.
- Lecture Series: Find inspiration by attending one of the many speaker events offered across campus.
- Research Consultations: Schedule a one-on-one appointment in person or online with a librarian who specializes in your subject area and knows the best resources for your assignments.
- Research Guides: Save time by find the best databases for research in your subject area through these librarian-curated guides.
- Interlibrary Loan: Need something, but the Libraries do not own it? Send us an Interlibrary Loan request and we'll have it delivered here to campus either physically or electronically.
- Search Strategies: We offer workshops and provide guides to help you with developing better search techniques.
- Research Alerts: It's important to stay up-to-date in your field. Use a combination of "table of contents" alerts, search alerts and citation alerts to get the latest information on new publications
Planning Your Research
Publication and Presentation
Preservation and Sharing
- SMU Scholar: Showcase your research and publications in SMU Scholar, the university’s searchable online collection of scholarly research. SMU Scholar makes your work discoverable through Google and tracks downloads. SMU Scholar is also an option for data storage meeting the requirements of grant funding agencies. Materials uploaded to SMU Scholar will be harvested into the university’s digital preservation system, Rosetta.
- Archiving: Discover options for storing your research data, from institutional resources like SMU Scholar and Box to discipline-specific repositories maintained by others.
- Omeka Support: Omeka is a web publishing platform for creating digital exhibits.
- Metadata Services: Organize your data by creating metadata with the help of librarians.
- Measuring Impact: Identify ways to measure and improve the impact of your research.