Finding Peer-Reviewed Research in Psychology
- Start with a broad keyword search in the databases below and use the limiters (usually along the left side) to narrow and focus your results.
- Read the abstracts of several articles and save those that might be of interest.
- Use those first few to glean additional keywords and subject terms to re-run your search.
- Collect more than you are planning to use and evaluate and examine their references.
- Discard the less useful articles and repeat this process.
- Watch for journals that specialize in your topic and browse those journals.
- Note the names of authors working in your area of interest and search them by name.
To cross-search many of the databases below (search more than one at a time), select "Choose databases" on the Ebsco screen next to the database name and select additional databases from the list. This will dramatically enlarge your search results.
Contact me if you have questions.