Skip to Main Content

Baldwin Locomotive Works : Other DeGolyer Library Baldwin resources

Jan Kirsten papers and collection of locomotive drawings - Jan Kirsten was an avid railroad modeler from Annapolis, Maryland and this collection reflects his hobby. The bulk of the collection contains locomotive drawings, with a few photographs and documentation.

Collection of Baldwin Locomotive Works drawings, 1894-1907 - This collection contains 130 engineering drawings of Baldwin Locomotive Works locomotive parts for U.S. and foreign railroad lines.

Samuel M. Vauclain papers - Samuel Matthews Vauclain was a lifelong employee of the Baldwin Locomotive Works Company. He was a locomotive manufacturer, inventor, salesman, and international businessman. One of his many achievements was the invention of the compound locomotive in 1889. This collection contains business and personal notebooks, business correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, charts, and sketches. Approximately 90% of the collection concerns Vauclain's business career, with the other 10% pertaining to his personal life. About half of the business papers relate to Baldwin Locomotive Works' foreign affairs. 

Digital collections


Duluth, Missabe & Northern Ry #100

[Duluth, Missabe & Northern Ry. Road No. 100]
Baldwin Locomotive Works builders' cards