Fondren Library is open 24 hours a day, five days a week once regular semester classes begin. Fondren Library does close for certain holidays or semester interims. Check Fondren Library hours.
Checking out library mateials
Checking Out Materials
You must present your SMU ID card at the Circulation Desk to check out materials. It is your responsibility to:
- Know the due date for when material is to be returned.
- Return or renew material before the due date.
- Exercise care in the handling of library material
Using the Library
Your SMU ID
You must have your SMU ID card to:
- Check out library materials.
- Get into the library after 9:00 pm.
- Use as a print card to print from computers in the library or photocopies.
- Access library online resources from off campus.
Contact SMU Park N' Pony (ID card services/My Pony account) for information on how to get your SMU ID card and have your Pony account activated.
Renewing library materials
If you need your library material longer, you can Renew your material online. This must be done before the materials are overdue.
Reserving a Group Study Room in Fondren Library
If you and your classmates want to study together, make a reservation for a group study room by going to the Fondren Library Center Room Reservation website.